skip navigation


By Tony Rapplean, 05/15/20, 11:00AM CDT


May 15,2020 COVID-19 UPDATE

As another week of craziness comes to an end, we wanted to give all those registered for HOUSE LEAGUE baseball and softball an update. (Parents of travel baseball parents should have or will be getting an update on travel baseball from their player’s coach.)

As most of you know, our local officials presented their own re-opening plan to the Governor earlier this week. While we would like to adopt the plan and move forward with it, we have been advised not to do that just yet. We have been in contact with local officials from the school district, Village of Dunlap, and Peoria County and have been advised to continue to follow the Governor’s guidelines until further notice.  So, while we are NOT officially cancelling the house season as of today, time is getting tight and we are becoming less optimistic. The Board has decided to wait until June 1st to make a final decision. If on June 1st local officials are in agreement to allow us to gather in groups of up to 50 by June 15th we will move forward with a shortened season from 6/15 – 7/31. 

We realize this runs further into July than normal and would appreciate knowing if your player would NOT be available to finish the season due to other obligations, vacations. etc.